2 c whole wheat graham flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or instant coffee if you don't have espresso powder)
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 c unsalted butter
1/2 c Turbinado Sugar
2 egg whites
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4-1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Assemble dry ingredients. (flour, espresso, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder.) Whisk all together, set aside.
- Assemble wet ingredients. Beat the butter until fluffy, add Splenda and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla. Whisk all together.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together. I just used a mixer and slowly added in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookies on a baking sheet. I made each about a tbsp and they were plenty big.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Made about 3 dozen.
- Tip: Do not overbake these cookies. They will get dry if you overbake them.