3 ripe bananas or 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
500 ml egg whites
2 whole eggs
2 cups High Protein Kellog's Cereal
2 packets sugar-free instant oatmeal, maple & brown sugar flavor (or cinnamon & spice flavor) (found really cheap and good instant packets at Wal*Mart)
2 scoops whey protein, vanilla ( I used BSN Vanilla, but just about any Vanilla Protein will do)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 pitted dates or 1/8 cup pecans or 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set chopped dates or pecans aside.
- Pour egg whites and eggs into blender, followed by Corn Flakes.
- Let flakes sit in liquid for one or two minutes to soften, then blend for 30 seconds on medium.
- Add remaining ingredients (except dates or pecans) and blend for 2-3 minutes or until batter is smooth. If mixture is too thick, add more egg whites. If mixture is too runny, add more protein powder.
- Pour into a non-stick or Pam-sprayed 9 x 13" baking tin.
- Sprinkle chopped dates or pecans over the top, before placing in oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through the middle.
- Allow to cool and then cut into 20 bars.
Approximate Nutrition Info per Bar (depends on choices): 73 calories, 0.85 grams fat, 12.5 grams carbs, 5.3 grams protein