Great on the grill! The Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is also great on salads. I'll make a huge tub of it and keep it in the fridge to use for these fries, salads, and wraps throughout the week.
5 sweet potatoes, cut into discs
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
2 tsps sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
1/3 c non-fat, plain greek yogurt
1/3 c low-fat buttermilk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 or 'fire' up the grill.
• Place foil on baking sheet or on the grill for the potatoes.
• Take the potato discs and toss with the olive oil, basil, pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
• Place on grill or oven. Oven for about 30 minutes and grill on low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Cook until they seem tender or if you like them crispy, a little longer.
• For Ranch Dressing, mix all ingredients together until blended well (I throw everything in a blender).