1/2 c unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 c natural sugar cane (turbinado sugar)
1/4 c brown sugar Splenda
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3-4 cups zucchini (I used the leftovers and just diced them up and squeezed them out in papertowels, but most recipes call for the zucchini to be grated with skin on, whatever you prefer)
1 c whole wheat graham flour
2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
Optional: Add 1/2 c chopped walnuts on top of the bread before you bake it.
- Line a loaf pan (5x9" loaf pan) with parchment paper so that it's easy to pull the bread right out.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a mixer, put butter and sugars together and beat thoroughly until fluffy. Add eggs in slowly and continue to run the mixer on low, then proceed to add the vanilla and then the zucchini.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pans, line with parchment paper, and top with walnuts (optional).
- Bake loaf for about 45-55 minutes. Remove the hot loaf from the pan and let cool on wire rack.